A fast growing investment consultancy firm is looking to add a Director of Business Development to their London team. The newly created role will support the firm’s growth and expansion in the UK and Europe. Reporting to the Global Head of Business Development and Director of Operations, London, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with both existing and prospective institutional investors.
It is important to understand that the main client relationship lies with the Investment Director – the Business Development Director should provide the strategy, vision, process and innovative content to the pitch process. A successful candidate must be strong in all aspects of investment terminology as well as being a strong communicator, both written and verbally. Emphasis will be given to professionals with a demonstrated track record of building relationships.
- Provide strategic direction to new business efforts and further development of existing business. Work with investment teams to develop an approach to winning specific new business opportunities including understanding prospect needs and challenges, understanding the competition, determining appropriate service/pricing approach.
- Provide input and guidance on the marketing materials and content developed for discretionary pitches and proposals.
- Develop and implement a proactive sales strategy for the UK and European business with specific emphasis on winning discretionary clients across the private client, non-profit and pension practices.
- Assist in the tracking of metrics and trends related to business development efforts.
- Provide sales communications coaching and constructive feedback to Investment Directors preparing for finalist pitches.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and professional development opportunities for the existing business development team.
- Provide direction and oversight to the RFP’s, presentations and proposal letters produced by the business development team to ensure of high quality and legal compliance.
Qualifications/ Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent academic credentials with a preference for an MBA or CFA designation.
- Extensive relevant experience, preferably in the investment sector and in business development/sales roles.
- Excellent client facing skills and strong written and verbal communications – ability to discuss complex issues.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage a varied and busy workload to a high standard and meet deadlines.
- Strong networking skills.
- Experience of dealing with the media and/or managing a PR agency, a plus.
- Ability to work across many different business lines in larger organisations and possess a working knowledge of tax, legal, and operational issues to help deliver client solutions in different geographies.
- Can speak credibly about investments and portfolio management developments within prospective clients’ portfolios.
- Ability to be a team player and work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Fluency in French, German or Italian would be an asset
- Do you have extensive experience dealing with Institutional and Private Investors (Non-profits, Family-offices, Pensions, SWFs, Insurance companies etc.)
- Do you have proven track record of managing relationships on a strategic level and originating new business avenues?
- Do you have a firm interest in developing a career within an leading investment consultancy?
APPLY HERE (please apply only if your background is relevant to the role)
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]