Product Control – Global Equities
– Manage, control and ensure the integrity of the balance sheet of the global Equities businesses supported by India.
– Daily P&L reporting of Equities Trading businesses including Cash and Derivatives.
– Control oversight of sub ledger and GL bookings.
The Equities business has grown significantly over the past 4 years. The main areas of focus from a PC perspective is supporting the trading desks within the Cash and Equity Derivatives businesses.
Key Accountabilities & approximate time split (%)
(Ideally 4-10 points, or headings with sub-points. Quantify where possible e.g. cost/income budget, no of subordinates, likely no of yrs/mths to complete longest task. Could note key external/internal lateral relationships)
Key Responsibilities of the Team
– Member of the Global and Regional Equities Product Control management teams
– Ensure delivery of the regional and global objectives of the product control team
– Foster an open environment conducive to the growth of the team and embed a controls culture
– Provide lead and guidance to the team in the execution of the migration strategy to facilitate streamlining and re-design of processes
– Provide management oversight to all processes performed by the team (P&L, Price Testing, Control KRI’s, Balance Sheet review etc)
– Manage relationships across Finance/PC, across geographies as well as functions i.e. business, regulators / auditors etc.
– Guide and mentor team and enable creation of a stable self-sustaining environment
(Personal attributes essential to performing role: e.g. skills, competencies, expertise, knowledge, experience. Note: experience not to be time-bound)
– Qualified accountant
– 12 -15 yrs relevant experience in Product Control
– MBA , CPA, CMA
Knowledge and Experience:
– Good appreciation of Global Equities markets
– Strong understanding of accounting for Equity derivatives as well as FX and Interest rate derivative products.
– Excellent communications skills
– Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be able to build and lead a large team
– Team player, good analytical skills, conscientious, high levels of integrity, pro-active
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Ability to work with the trading desk as a “business partner” while maintaining complete independence of the control function.
– Familiarity with a range of Equity, FX and interest rate products in terms of market conventions, typical trading strategies etc.
– Strong initiative who is comfortable working in a Global environment
– Excellent written and verbal communication.
– Proactive person who challenges and looks for continuous improvements
– Strong Leadership qualities who has shown ability to deliver successfully in similar role
– Strong Organisational skills
– Team Player Control aware
Compensation: 175-300 USD
Recruiting Company: Astbury Marsden
Contact Person: Paul Evans
Phone Number: +85293012324