Leading hedge fund is looking for OTC Trade Operations Specialist to join their London office.
The role will be diverse, and as such the client is looking for an individual who has a broad range of operational experience, ideally with knowledge of OTC, FX, Bonds, settlements, reconciliations, and various other middle office functions.
Successful candidate will mainly be responsible for all operational activities, focusing on the accurate and timely capture and confirmation of trades and associate processes. Continually work to resolve errors in operational processes.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
– Responsible for the booking and accurate confirmation of all trades executed in London, ensuring trades are accounted for and correctly entered into their relevant reports and systems.
– Accurately book and validate trades, communicating discrepancies and errors to the appropriate parties involved.
– Act as a liaison between prime brokers, traders, and fund managers in order to solve issues and problems that might arise.
– Responsible for ensuring a trade date recap is received for all trades and correct booking details are communicated to the appropriate counterparties to ensure smooth transactions.
– Provide support to the trading desk, specifically working to resolve positions and P&L issues.
– Oversee the communication flow of information between the firm’s operations analysts, traders, portfolio managers, and outside prime brokers and counterparties.
PRIMARY POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
Experience: 2-4 years of relevant work experience
– A strong understanding of Hedge Fund activities, with the ability to self-develop and remain aware of happenings within the industry.
– Overall understanding of operations and the trade flow process.
– Strong understanding of products traded, specifically OTC and FX products; with the initiative to learn other products traded in order to support multiple product classes.
– Strong knowledge of the overall trade processes, procedures, and operational activities.
– The ability to follow operational work flow.
– Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
– The ability to communicate effectively and build relationships within the department and across the firm.
Please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.